Monday, January 12, 2009

The Begining

I started in the industry at a very young age. My first foray into the world of food service took place at the tender age of 16. I was employed at a major amusement park just north of the GTA. I was assigned the joyful task of serving customers as they came through the cafeteria. To say the food was edible would be an insult to taste buds the world over.

The one benefit of working in a large amusement park was free access to any and all rides and attractions, and I often spent my free time taking advantage of the thrills offred by rollercoasters and other hairraising rides. In the interest of full discosure I should probably mention I have not been back to the park since that fatefull summer, a case of ammusement park burnout I suppose.

Two other incidents of note took place that summer. I had my first experience with an irrate and irrational customer, and I experienced three days of involuntary umeployment for obeying direct orders.

The day is getting long and that means it is time to get ready to head into work. Until anon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment